If you notice your kids spending all their time with their cell phone or tablet, help them to understand the limits of its use
- · Kids often get mad when we try to take away their ¨new toy¨. Talk to them when quiet and let them know the real utility of a cell ph one.
- · Get to an agreement: they might be able to use it as long as they respect some rules like eating on time, finish their homework or cleaning their r oom.
- · If your kids have a rough time fulfilling the agreement, use discipline to correct them; be sure of always making clear the reasons without losing patie nce.
- · Be an example, talk when necessary so they can identify the real use of a cell phone, and avoid spending hours on it.
- · Find alternative activities. Take them to yoga, karate or painting clas ses.
- · Establish a schedule for its use, if necessary turn down the Wi-Fi acc ess.
- · Take your kid to a specialist if misbehavior continu es.